100 Things that our preschoolers should be able to do before going to schools
Cr. : 100 Dinge, die ein Vorschulkind können sollte (Birgit Ebbert)
See some more encouraging stuffs at:
Part I : Personality Development (9/100)
(1) Knowing their names and addresses
: That can make them and us feel safe !
(2) Speaking for themselves in the form of 'I'
: That is about a development of their own personality !
(3) Finding themselves that they are Great !
: For example; if your child climbs up a tree, even though you think it looks a bit difficult for this behavior
, when he or she calls you to see 'Hey Mama I am good!', you should give him or her a compliment before teaching him or her about it.
Then your children would be proud of themselves and that can build up confidences in their lives when they want to do something !
(4) Learning to be able to be alone without parents more and more
: Anyway, they should be allowed to call you parents anytime when they want and we should not be angry them. It helps them build up their trust in you !
(5) Knowing 'Fear' and learning to avoid it
: Our kids should learn what it is called as Dangers ! but teach them reasonably otherwise having too much fear can also harm their lives !
(6) Being able to get busy to do something with themselves
: We should start to train them now to be able to search something for themselves to do, let's begin around 15 - 30 mins right now ! Children have their own nature to make adventures.
They have no time for saying 'That is boring' !
(7) Seeing value of celebrating their Birthday
: Birthday is one of important days in life.
Our children should get strengths and courages on this day through celebrating with their families and friends.
It doesn't matter if their parties should be only a private ground or big festival. Just let's do it !
(8) Learning and being able to say 'No'
: It means our kids should learn how important of making a decision by themselves is !
(9) Showing their interest, shown by the question 'Why'
: Curiousity is a best foundation for learning !