24 chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos), finely crumbled, about 2 cups
6 tablespoons margarine, room temperature
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
coarsely crumbled chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos), about 1 to 1 1/2 cups
1) Combine fine cookie crumbs and soft margarine; press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. In a saucepan, soften gelatin in cold water; stir over low heat until dissolved.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed of an electric hand-held mixer until well blended,
3) Gradually add gelatin mixture and milk, mixing until well blended. Chill until mixture is thickened but not set; fold in whipped cream.
4) Reserve 1 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture; pour remaining cream cheese mixture over crust.
5) Top with coarsely crumbled cookies then remaining cream cheese mixture. Chill until firm (about 3 hours).
Once the cheesecake is done and chilled, I love to pour a glass of milk and have a piece A.S.A.P. Sharing with my family is a must and the cheesecake is usually gone within a day. I dont really mind though this just means I can make a fresh Oreo cheesecake tomorrow!