Ingredients: 250g cream cheese 50g butter 100ml heavy whipping cream 60g superfine flour 20g cornflour 6 egg yolks 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp of lemon zest ¼ tsp salt 6 egg whites ¼ tsp cream of tartar 140g fine granulated sugar(divide into 2, one half for the egg yolk mixture and the other for the egg whites)
2 cups heavy whipping cream 2 tbsp sugar
1 cup of frozen strawberry 2 tbsp sugar 1 pkt of gelatin 1 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven at 300 F and bring a kettle of water to a boil.
2. Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides which should be 1 1/2 " above the rim of a 8" pan with greaseproof paper.
3. Melt cream cheese, butter and heavy whipping cream in a double boiler.
43. Cool the mixture. over iced bath.
5. Fold in the flours, egg yolks, sugar,lemon juice and mix well.
6. Whisk egg white until foamy, then add in cream of tartar and whisk on the highest speed.
7. Add in the sugar gradually and whisk until soft peaks form.(if lifted with the whisk, the white should have a curve tip)
8. Add 1/3 of the whisked egg white into the cream cheese mixture in 4. Mix it really well with the biggest spatula available.
9. Fold in the rest of the egg white and then FOLD in, from the center to the sides and not forgeting the bottom of bowl. Do not overmix.
10. Pour into a 8 round cake pan . Line a roasting pan with a kitchen cloth at the bottom and place cake pan on the cloth. Place roasting pan in the preheated oven and pour boiling water into the roasting pan. Water level should be half way of cake pan.
11 Bake cheese cake for 1 hrs 30 mins or until set or golden brown.
12. Leave in the oven with door ajar for an hour until cake cools.
13. Take it out of oven and turn cake out of cake pan. Wrap with aluminium foil and leave in the fridge.
For the Topping:
1. Thaw the strawberries and then pass through the sieve.
2. Bloom the gelatin with water.
3. Cook the strained strawberries with the sugar and when mixture boils, turn fire to low and add in gelatin. Cook until gelatin melts. (cool mixture in iced water before using)
1. Whisked the heavy whipping cream in the highest speed until soft peak(do not overwhipped, under whipped would be desirable, finish whipping by hand, whipped cream will turn to butter if overwhipped). Add in sugar.
2. Iced the cheesecake with the whipped cream and pour the cooled strawberry gelatin mixture on the top of cake. ENJOY