Bread and cheese is one of my husband's favorite lunch... And with a homemade bread ,he can easily finish a whole loaf !!
I made and kneaded the dough without using any machine... And tell you what ..kneading by hands is such a good exercise!!
Let's see what I used..
500g strong white flour ,plus extra for dusting 2 tsp salt 7g sachet yeast 2 tbsp olive oil ,plus some for greasing tin 2 tsp sugar
1. Mix the flour ,the salt and the yeast in a bowl. Combine the olive oil and sugar then top up with warm water to just over 300 ml ,stir well.
2. Pour the oily water onto the flour, a little at a time. Work the water into the flour and gradually bring it all together into a mass of soft ,slightly sticky dough.
3. Knead the dough for at least 10 mins..then shape the dough into a ball ,put it back in the bowl and cover with cling film for about 1.5-2 hours.
After 2 hours..
4. Push your hand into the dough to flatten it..Now pull it out of the bowl and knead it for 30 secs.. Then form the dough in to a fat sausage and place it in the tin and sprinkle the top with a flour. Cover again anf leave it for 30 mins.Set oven to 220 c/gas 9.
5. Place the tin in the oven and bake for 10 mins ,then turn the oven down to 180c for another 10 mins. Take the tin out of the oven and turn the loaf upside down. Put it back in the tin and return to the oven for 5-10 mins to brown the base. Turn the loaf out onto a wire rack and leav it to cool to let the crust harden..