I like eating bread..and like baking it myself even more ! I've tried many recipes which gave me both good and bad results...Anyway ,I think this one is the best ever for me..it's soft and perfectly fits my taste ( and it's like sandwich / toastie bread rather than a normal loaf )
I never give away any bread recipe if I think it's not good enough.. Please feel free to try it on and you will see how different you feel between eating a bought one and a homemade one!
500g white strong flour 275 ml warm water 7g sachet dried yeast 1 tbsp caster sugar + 1 tsp extra (for yeast mixture) 1 tsp salt 60ml vegetable oil 2 tbsp dried whole milk powder
1. Mix the yeast with 1 tsp sugar and 125 ml warm water ,stir well and leave for 10 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
2. Sift the flour ,salt , milk powder , sugar (2 tbsp) into a bowl .Make a well in the center ,add the yeast mixture ,oil and the rest of warm water. Mix to the soft dough using a metal spoon or a machine (if you have / prefer)..add extra water or flour a little at a time ,if the dough is too dry or sticky.
3. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic ( I used both hand and machine to knead the dough which took about 15 minutes ). Then gather the dough into a ball and put into a lightly oiled bowl ,cover loosely with wrap or tea towel and leave the dough for an hour to allow it prove or rise.
4. Punch down the dough to expel the air and knead briefly for 1 minute. Shape the loaf to fit into the lightly oiled tin ( 9*3.5*3.5 inches). Cover with wrap and leave for 45-60 minutes until the dough is well risen.
5. Preheat the oven to 210c. Brush the top of the dough with beaten egg+ a tablespoon milk and place the bread in the preheated oven for 10 minutes ,then reduce the temperature to 180c and bake for another 20-35 minutes until the bread base sounds hollow when tapped ,if not returen to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Btw ,I also made a butter stuffed bread which I mixed and matched some recipes..it came out good and top of all..my little daughter likes it which I couldn't be happier with that!