• Late 1990's - South Florida...Divers begin to notice unnatural and aggressive shark behavior near feeding sites.
• 1999 August - After many close calls with aggressive sharks on lobster dives, Dimond and Earp contact South Florida Dive Headquarters to request that feeds be terminated in the interest of public safety. South Florida Dive Headquarters (SFDH) ignores the request.
• 2001 November 1 - In a landmark decision, Florida becomes the first state in the U.S. to prohibit divers from feeding marine wildlife. Divers, environmentalists and the general public hail the unanimous decision by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FFWCC) as a major victory for wildlife protection and marine conservation.
• 2005 April - British tourist Matt Butcher loses his thumb after he and his diving buddy Becks Herbert conclude that a huge 2-meter long moray eel "wanted to play" with them. When Butcher tries to provoke the animal with processed sausage meat wrapped in a plastic bag, the animal latches on to Butcher's left thumb, which was holding the bag.
• 2005 May - Young Justin Weber is scuba diving with his parents when a diver-fed eel nearly bites his arm off. Despite warnings by the Department of Environment, dive operators in the Cayman Islands continue to feed marine predators and tourists continue to get hurt, some severely.
• 2005 September 1 - With more shark attacks reported in South Africa this year than for a decade, scientists, marine environmentalists, conservationists and tour operators are locked in fierce argument over accusations that the booming shark-cage-diving industry is to blame.
เรื่องที่พวกชอบเลี้ยงปลาฉลามเค้าประท้วงกัน Reckless dive industry declares 'jihad' on Florida government คลิก อ่านบางส่วนจดหมายที่เค้าเขียนประท้วงดูนะคะ ...On 6 Sept our constitution was attacked, our freedom of choice and for many our freedom to make an honest living and support our families was changed forever. On that day you, the FWCC voted to ban interaction marine encounters by dive operators in Florida.
The effect of your decision, if it does become law, will immediate (sic) and forever change the way millions of Americans and visitors to our state from all over the world, make daily decisions. A needless ban on the rights of choice we Americans have fought and died to make, go to the heart of what we stand for. ...
ผลของกฎหมาย และสิ่งที่น่าคิด The Florida Fish-Feeding Frenzy: Background, Issues, and a Wake-Up Call คลิก บางส่วนที่น่าสนใจ ...the November 1 decision by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FFWCC) will terminate commercial fish-feeding dive tours (widely marketed as "interactive diving") in Florida's marine waters effective January 1, 2002, and mark the first time a State has enacted such a broad measure to protect its marine wildlife from diver impacts.
สิทธินักประดาน้ำ DEMA, Shark Feeding and the Red Herring of Divers' Rights คลิก ลองดูสิคะว่าเค้าบอกว่าการที่ห้ามให้อาหารปลาฉลามน่ะผลเสียคืออะไร ....The recent statement by the Executive Director of DEMA (Dive Equipment and Marketing Association) that the Florida rule if passed will, "threaten the rights of dive operators and dive-related businesses all over the world"....