Pla Tod Raad Sauce Dtakrai (Fry Fish Dressed with Lemongrass Sauce)
1 whole fish or cut (meduim size of any kind) 1/2 cup sliced lemongrass 20 red chili peppers (more or less as you prefer) 5 Thai white peppers 3 coriander roots (sliced) 5 cloves garlic 1/2 tsp. salt 2 tsp. fish sauce 1 tbsp. oyster sauce 2 tsp. lemon juice or 2 tbs Tamarind Sauce 1/4 cup stock 1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Clean the fish. Wipe the fish with paper towels.
2. Ground coriander roots, 2 cloves garlic, Thai white pepper, and salt altogether.
3. Spread it all over the fish. Leave the fish in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
4. Heat the pan and add vegetable oil. Wait until it's hot, Deep fry the fish until it is crispy. Use medium heat and dont stir (about 15-30 minutes). When you finish, leave it in a strainer.
5. Ground red chili peppers, lemongrass and 3 cloves garlic together.
6. Heat the pan and put olive oil. When the pan is hot, add paste from number 5 then stir-fry until it smells aromatic.
7. Add stock, fish sauce, oyster sauce. Mix well.
8. Now, dress the sauce over the fry fish. Serve with jasmine rice.