Script for speaking module part1 ตอนที่5 (สุดท้ายแล้ว)
ตอนสุดท้ายแล้วคะ หวังว่า จะมีประโยชน์กับคนที่กำลังจะสอบ IELTS บ้างนะคะ ขอให้โชคดีในการสอบทุกคนคะ
68. Do you have a hobby? ( 5 - 8 )
Yes, Im interested in stamp collecting. I have been collecting stamps for two years. I regularly spend time on my collection, about two hours every week. This is mainly over weekends, as I do not have time during the week.
69. Why have you chosen this hobby? ( 5 - 6 )
Stamps provide rich knowledge. For example, the stamps from other countries often tell something about the countries and their people.
69. Why have you chosen this hobby? ( 7 - 8 )The hobby provides fun as well as knowledge. First of all, when you collect stamps, you are able to learn more about the world, and you will not be bored easily. What I mean to say is that you can get stamps from every country in the world, and the stamps from other countries often tell something about the countries and their people. Another reason is that you are able to meet new friends through your hobby. If you have a common interest with someone else, then you can discuss your collections together for many hours and its easy for both of you to become friends. One more thing, the hobby will teach you some self-discipline and how to be very systematic. That is to say, you have to arrange your collections regularly, which cultivates your habit of being systematic.
70. What are good hobbies, and what are bad hobbies? ( 5 - 8 )
In my opinion, good hobbies are those that give you the opportunity to develop a new skill. For example, collecting stamps teaches you how to be systematic. Bad hobbies, on the other hand, may make you lose the opportunity. For example, TV and computer games will waste a lot of your time, so you dont have time and energy to do develop other skills.
71. What color do you like? Why? ( 5 - 6 )
I prefer red. In China, red is associated with life and good luck. A traditional Chinese bride wears something red on her wedding day, such as her wedding gown and handkerchief used to cover her head, in the hope that it will bring her and her bridegroom some luck in future.
71. What color do you like? Why? ( 7 - 8 )
If I had to describe my favorite color, I would choose yellow. Many artists are known to use yellow in their paintings. For example, Vincent van Gogh is famous for the yellow sunflowers in some of his paintings. Many countries have yellow in their national flags. For example, South Africa has a broad yellow band in their newly designed flag. This symbolizes the energy and warmth to be found in the nation.
71. What color do you like? Why? ( 7 - 8 )
Yellow is my favorite color. First of all, to me, yellow symbolizes the sun. What I mean to say is that it reminds me of energy and warmth. Secondly, yellow is a bright color as apposed to dull colors like brown and gray. For instance, brown and gray usually make me feel depressed. Lastly, I would like to mention that yellow is a practical color. That is to say, you can wear yellow with almost any color, and it does not get dirty too easily.
72. Do colors have some symbolic meaning in China? ( 5 - 8 )
Yes, colors certainly have a lot of meaning in China. Please allow me to explain.
Firstly, it is significant that the national flag of China has a red background. Red is symbolic, for example, of a vibrant life, which we believe are one of the dominant characteristics of the country and its people. It also signifies good luck, so a bride would wear some red on her wedding day.
In addition, I think that yellow has a specific meaning to Chinese people. For example, we believe that it symbolizes the energy radiated by the sun, which in turn is the primary source of life. In addition, however, it also signifies the obscene, as apposed to blue in the most of the western cultures. For example, here a blue movie, would be called a yellow movie. Lastly, I think that white has a special meaning to us.
To be more specific, in times of sadness and mourning, we use white to express our feelings, as apposed to black in most of the western cultures.
73. Do you like / enjoy shopping? ( 5 - 6 )
Yes, I love shopping. I like to go to the shops and see what they have to offer. I browse around and compare the prices before a buy something. Secondly, I do the shopping of all our household needs. I love to find out about any new products on the market and how they can possibly make my life easier.
73. Do you like / enjoy shopping? ( 7 - 8 )
No, I hate shopping. Please allow me to explain. Firstly, shopping is the most basic activity in a capitalistic society. What I mean to say is that somebody has a product which they would like you to buy from them whether you really need it or not.
They lure you into their shops and malls by advertising their goods on TV and in the newspapers. They only tell you about the positive aspects of their product, but would never mention the disadvantages. This you have to find out for yourself, usually after you have bought the product.
74. Do you often go to the cinema? ( 5 - 6 )
Yes, I go to the cinema as often as possible. I usually go with some friends to watch the latest action movies or comedies. We have a great time when our favorite star is playing a lead role in the movie.
74. Do you often go to the cinema? ( 7 - 8 )
Yes, I go to the cinema as often as possible. I believe that films are a wonderful form of art. In films there are a wide range of genres ranging from comedy and drama, to horror and science fiction. For example, recently I have seen the movie Titanic, which has been described as the most expensive film ever made.
The extent to which the producers attended to the details of the original ship was astounding. Another example would be the thriller Silence of the Lambs with my favorite actor Anthony Hopkins playing the leading role. It had me on the edge of my seat for most of the time.
75. Do you often go to the theater? ( 5 - 8 )
No. I have never been to the theater. It is too expensive for me. I prefer to go to the cinema. Secondly, I believe that the theater is boring. What I mean to say is that the actors are on the same stage the whole time. I cannot see how that can be as exciting as a good movie.
76. What kinds of movies do you like best? ( 5 - 8 )
I like comedies. First of all, comedies are of great fun. What I mean is that I have a good laugh while watching them. Secondly, comedies seldom contain violent scenes. For instance, you would not easily find murders, shooting, fighting, and so on in a comedy. Lastly, comedies often contain excellent acting by famous stars. For example, Robbie Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire is considered one of the most extraordinary performances ever by an actor.
77. Who is your favorite movie star? Describe him / her. ( 5 - 8 )
My favorite movie star is Jackie Cheng. He is handsome and very funny. He always has a smile on his face, and never seems to be worried about the situations that he finds himself in.
78. Do you like music? ( 5 - 8 )
78. Do you think music is important? ( 5 - 8 )Yes, I like music very much. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without music. Firstly, I believe music plays an important part in peoples lives. We can use it to sooth our minds after a hard day at work, or it can provide us with the rhythm to dance to.
79. What kind of music do you enjoy most? ( 5 - 8 )
I like pop music very much. First of all, pop music is lively, and suits me at my age. What I mean to say is that us youngsters like to listen to music that fits in with the way we feel Secondly, usually has a good rhythm. For instance, it is suitable for us to dance on. Lastly, pop music is simple to understand. That is to say, I like it because it is not difficult to understand, and it helps me to relax after I have been studying hard for some time.
80. How long do you listen to music everyday? ( 5 - 8 )
Oh, let me think for a while. I guess I listen to music for about half an hour every day. I would, for example, listen when I get home from school, or in the evenings before I go to bed. On weekends, however, I listen to music much more. For example, I would invite my best friend over to my place, and we would listen to our favorite CDs for a few hours at a time.
81. Do you like traveling? ( 5 - 6 )
Yes, I like traveling. Firstly, I believe that traveling is always educational. What I mean to say is that the people that you meet along the way are usually interesting. Secondly, I wish I were able to travel more. For example, I have not traveled to a foreign country yet.
82. How do you usually travel? ( 5 - 8 )
In China I like to travel by train. Allow me to explain. Firstly, when I travel by train I am able to see more of China. In addition, the trains in China are convenient and comfortable. For example, I can travel to any city, and I am able to sleep on the train. Lastly, traveling on a train is a social event as well. For example, one can chat with other passengers about where they are going, and why they are traveling.
83. Where have you traveled to lately? ( 5 - 8 )I traveled to Dalian last month. My parents and I traveled there by train. We went to see my grandmother who has been ill lately. I enjoyed the trip as I have not been to Dalian before. Moreover, the city has left me a deep impression for its fresh air and clean environment.
84. What kind of places do you like to visit? ( 5 - 8 )
I like to visit places where there is a lot of entertainment. For example, I dont like it when we go and visit my grandparents in the countryside. They live on a farm and dont even have a computer for me to play on. I hope the places I go to have coffee shops and theaters at least.
85. What do you think of time?
To me, time is my competitor. I always have a lot of things to do and a lot of dreams to fulfill, so I have to run against time and do my things as fast as possible. Thats why I consider time my competitor.
86. How do you think of being late?
It is quite rude to be late. Generally, people who dont show up on time are considered impolite. Moreover, they show disrespect to others because others have to wait for them.
87. How do you feel if you are late? How will others feel?
I will feel quite sorry for those who have to wait for me. I may also have the feeling of being embarrassed and shameful. Whenever I show up late, I must apologize sincerely to others. Of course, I have few chances to do so because generally I am always punctual.
|Create Date : 19 ตุลาคม 2550
|Last Update : 19 ตุลาคม 2550 12:38:42 น.
|Counter : 6629 Pageviews.