200 grams Yellow
Bean 150 grams
Sugar 1 Teaspoon
Salt 100 milligram
Ingredients for glaze
5 grams Agar Jelatin
50 grams Sugar
1. Soak the yellow beans obernight, steam for 45 minutes
2. Pound or blend the bean to a paste, add mix with the sugar, salt and coconut milk
3. Place into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring continuously until the paste thickens, then leave it to cool
4. Now comes the artistic stage, take small pieces of the yellow bean paste, about 10gms each and form them into fruit shapes, its a good idea to use toothpicks and a block of foam to hold the shapes and paint them with the food colouring
5. Now to glaze, mix the agar with water and heat until the agar has fully dissolved
6. Leave it to cool slightly, but be careful not to let it set
7. Dip the fruit into the agar and stand them up by pushing the toothpick into foam or polystyrene. Let the agar set on the fruit, then repeat the process and coat the fruit again with another layer of agar. You may have to reheat the agar in the pan to melt it again each time
Banana in Coconut Milk
sugar 1 ¾ cups
salt 1 teaspoon
coconut milk 750 C.C. (x3 instant coconut milk in box)
bananas 10 big, slightly green bananas.
1. Cut the bananas to each banana then boiled with salted water for 10 minutes.
2. Slice the bananas lengthways, then in haft.
3. Pour the light coconut milk (x2 instant coconut milk in box mixed with 1 cup of water) into a pan, add sugar and salt, and bring to boil.
4. Add the bananas, bring back to the boil
for a few minutes, and then pour the rich coconut milk (x1 instant coconut milk in box mixed with ¼ cup of water) into a pan.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Serve hot or cold.
Tab Tim Grob (Red Rubies)
1 cup water chestnuts
1/2 tapioca flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup jasmine essence water
3/4 coconut milk
red food colouring
1. To make the jasmine essence water, soak the jasmines in the water in a bowl overnight close the cover.
2. Slice the water chestnuts in dice shape and soak in the red food colouring and stir until bright red.
3. To make the syrup. Boil sugar and jasmine essence water. Leave it to cool.
4. Put the flour in a plate and add the water chesfnuts and shake so the pieces become well coated.
5.Heat 5 cups of water to the boil, add the water chesnuts. It will float when cooked and look like rubies. Drain and plunge in cold water immediately.
6. Serve a little water chestnut into dessert dishes, add syrup, coconut milk and ice
Mung Bean Thai Custard Dessert Recipe (Khanom Maw Kaeng)
2 cups of cooked and mashed taro (Pueg')*
1 cup of coconut milk (top cream)
1/2 cups of white sugar
1 cup of palm (or coconut) sugar
4 table spoons of corn starch
1 table spoon of deep-fried thin wedged onion * can be substituted with muang bean or pumpkin.
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Beat eggs in the blender for 2-3 minutes; Add sugar and coconut milk, go on blending for another 2-3 minutes. Add taro, still go on blending. Finally, add corn starch and mix it together with other blended ingredients.
2.In a pot, heat this mixture with low heat, slowly stir it until the mixture becomes thickened. Remove from the stove and pour it on a pie pan. Make sure that the pan is of the right size so that it allows the mixture to lay about 1 inch thick.
Bake for 35-4O minutes. Remove and top it with the fried onion shreds while the custard is still hot. Some put the onion on it a few minutes before the custard pan was taken out from the oven.
3.The custard or Kha'NOm+Moo'Kaeng should be left cool before serving. Cut the custard in 2' x 2' square and put it on a nice saucer with a small spoon for an individual serving.
4.To prepare the onion shreds, first peel red small onion, wash it with water and cut it into thin wedges. Heat two table spoons of cooking oil in a wok. When the oil is heated, put in the wedged onion and fry it back and forth until it becomes golden brown. Take the shreds out of the pan. Leave them on a plated paved with a paper towel to let the oil soaked off.
Mango with Sticky Rice
2 cups sticky rice
2 cups coconut milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 ripe mangoes, cut into thick slices
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1.Prepare the 2 cups sticky rice as per our detailed instructions.
2.While sticky rice is steaming, mix together 1.5 cups coconut milk, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
3.Set aside to cool (for a more fancy preparation, you can strain the coconut milk in a cheesecloth before setting to cool, but this is not necessary).
ผู้ติดตามบล็อก : 1 คน [?]
|Pantip.com | PantipMarket.com | Pantown.com | © 2004 BlogGang.com allrights reserved.|