Direction: Choose the most appropriate answer.
1. I have some ............ with studying English.
a. difficult b. different
c. difficulties d. difference e. differ
2. I want to ................ for a job at this company.
a. comply b. supply c. apply
d. imply e. reply
3. The government stated that there will be no ..................... with the terrorists.
a. situation b. reputation c. negotiation
d. cooperation e. production
4. There arent any ............... ways of solving this problem.
a. possible b. possibly c. possibility
d. probability e. probably
5. Mammals survived the meteor disaster through ......... while dinosaur didnt.
a. revolution b. evolution c. conversation
d. solution e. institution
6. As long as we try, we will ......... succeed.
a. unfortunately b. eventually c unforgivably
d. impractically d. presumably
7. Due to global economic crisis, Thai National Bank has to take a/an ............ measure.
a. supportive b. protective c. additive
d. impressive e. relative
Direction: Select the word with the same meaning as the underlined word.
8. According to the governments policy, the LPG fuel price will increase by the end of this month.
a. drop b. suspend c. rise
d. remain e. impend
9. The Chanel purse I bought for your birthday was genuine .
a. authentic b. artificial c. plastic
d. imitative e. leather
10. The suspect was taken from his house unwillingly.
a. on purpose b. intentionally c. deliberately
d. without consent e. with permission
11. The ancient people used rock and stone as their tools.
a. primitive b. modern c. up-to-date
d. retro e. contemporary
12. He was embarrassed when she refused to marry him.
a. proud b. disappointed c. upset
d. pathetic d. humiliated
13. Venice is famous for its canals and gondolas
a. notorious b. disreputable c. ill-famed
d. well-known e. unfamiliar
14. Protein is important for our bodies.
a. necessary b. excessive c. redundant
d. surplus e. immoderate
15. The movie was so frightening that I couldnt sleep all night.
a. mystifying b. exciting c. scary
d. romantic e. funny
Direction: Read the dialogue and select the best answer.
16. Katie: What happened to your eyes?
Bob: I think Ive got pink eyes.
Katie: Oh, thats too bad. Why dont you go to see the doctor.
Bob: I wish I could afford to see a doctor.
What seems to be the problem with Bob?
a. His symptom is getting better. b. He doesnt have money to see a doctor.
c. Hed rather stay at home. d. He falls in love with Katie.
e. He doesnt want Katie to see his eyes.
17. Jason: Excuse me, would you mind if I smoke here?
Jane: Of course, this is public area. You should know that.
Jason: Come on, its just one cigarette.
Jane: You should learn to respect other peoples right.
Jason: All right, sorry about that. Maybe this isnt a place for smokers.
What do you think Jason is going to do?
a. He is going to smoke a cigarette. b. He is going somewhere else.
c. He is going to buy a pack of cigarette. d. He is going to quit smoking.
e. He is going to ask Jane out.
18. Lucy: Hello, Doctor Smiths office, may I help you?
Dan: Yes, Id like to make an appointment with Doctor Smith.
Lucy: Doctor Smith wont be available until next week.
Dan: Oh, I just want to order some medicine then.
Lucy: You need doctors prescription to purchase medicine.
What does Dan have to do to get his medicine?
a. He has to wait for the doctor. b. He has to go to a drugstore.
c. He has to buy medicine with Lucy. d. He has to order his medicine on the phone.
e. He has to make up a prescription.
Direction: Choose the most appropriate answer.
Throughout the ages, birds have been a source of wonder to all who have ......... (19) their soaring flight or listened to their sweet song. ........ (20) a group, birds are ........ (21) they are the only animals covered .......... (22) feathers. This evolutionary development .......... (23) birds from all other animals.
19. a. verified b. supported c. claimed d. observed e. warned
20. a. Like b. Just c. Still d. Another e. As
21. a. unique b. common c. mundane d. indifferent e. mediocre
22. a. by b. on c. with d. as e. into 23. a. has been separated b. separates c. separated c. was separated e. separating
It ...... (24) that policing in the future will be ....... (25) more different than it is today. Advances in technology .........(26) in computers, television, and communication will assist the police in solving and preventing crimes. Advances in forensic science .........(27) evidence more reliable and meaningful. All of these changes will be for the better if they help ....... (28) the quality of police service.
24. a. predicted b. has predicted c. is predicted d. was predicting e. would predict 25. a. any b. some c. such d. much e. so 26. a. particularly b. placidly c. roughly d. widely e. profoundly 27. a. had to make b. would be made c. has made d. is to make e. should make 28. a. improving b. be improved c. to improve d. have improved e. to be improved
|Create Date : 17 กุมภาพันธ์ 2552
|Last Update : 17 กุมภาพันธ์ 2552 21:06:11 น.
|Counter : 1265 Pageviews.
|โดย: เสลาสีม่วง IP: 184.108.40.206 วันที่: 28 เมษายน 2552 เวลา:20:14:15 น.
|โดย: ImPessioN IP: 220.127.116.11 วันที่: 2 กุมภาพันธ์ 2553 เวลา:18:42:40 น.
|โดย: ณัฐพล IP: 18.104.22.168 วันที่: 18 กุมภาพันธ์ 2553 เวลา:21:22:48 น.
|โดย: ณัฐพล IP: 22.214.171.124 วันที่: 18 กุมภาพันธ์ 2553 เวลา:21:22:58 น.